LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a well-funded, startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our Preclinical Development team as an Associate Scientist/Scientist, supporting our novel TCR discovery and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in T cell immunology, primary and tumor cell culture, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
- Develop a high-throughput, robust, and reproducible platform to test safety of TCRs and serve as internal technical lead on the platform
- Liaise with CROs for sourcing cells and tissues
- Evaluate and nominate candidate TCRs discovered from TScan’s TCR discovery screens for preclinical development
- Lead development of T cell functional assays (cytotoxicity, cytokine production, proliferation)
- Contribute to IND-enabling studies
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, analyze and compile data, train junior colleagues as needed, and present in group and company meetings
- Ph.D. with 0-2 years of relevant post-doc, biopharmaceutical, or biotechnology industry experience
- Proficiency in culturing and maintaining cell lines or human primary cells, and T cells
- Experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, and cytotoxicity assays using IncuCyte desired
- Experience in T cell immunology required, understanding of cancer biology and molecular biology a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), ability to work in a matrix environment and experience presenting in team meetings
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new concepts, new techniques, participate in Journal club and work in a fast-paced environment
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.