LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a motivated bioinformatician/computational biologist to join our team as Computational Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in genomics, computer science, and bioinformatics, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
- Design and run tools and pipelines to analyze internal and public datasets from diverse platforms, including RNA-seq (bulk and single cell), Amplicon-seq libraries and WES
- Enhance existing data analyses pipelines for larger assay capabilities, interactive data visualization and automation
- Adapt existing open source bioinformatic tools to assist in-house research efforts
- Work closely with scientists across teams to help plan large scale experiments, drive data analysis, and troubleshoot experiments
- Communicate results to co-workers
- BS/MS and 0-5+ years’ relevant lab experience, preferably in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Proficiency in R and/or Python, experience with deep learning is a plus
- Previous experience analyzing NGS data
- Previous knowledge of molecular biology and genomics; previous knowledge in cancer biology or immunology is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills with ability to communicate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.