LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Computational Scientist/Senior Computational Scientist, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in Genomics, Computer Science and Bioinformatics, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Work closely with scientists across teams to plan large scale experiments and drive data analysis and interpretation
- Design/implement methods, tools and pipelines to analyze internal and public datasets from diverse platforms, including RNA-seq (bulk and single cell), WES, mass spectrometry, etc. for target identification
- Enhance existing data analyses pipelines for larger assay capabilities, interactive data visualization and automation
- Identify novel research problems and implement/develop tools to come up with innovative solutions
- Communicate data to co-workers
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics, or closely related field
- 1-3 years post-Ph.D. experience, reflecting a strong record of achievement either through publications and/or biotech/pharmaceutical industry accomplishments
- Proficiency in R and Python, with extensive experience in WES, mass spectrometry, machine learning and AWS preferred
- Strong understanding of molecular and cell biology, cancer biology or immunology, with ability to communicate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Computational Scientist (SC02-1)