LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a biotechnology company seeking to revolutionize cancer treatment for patients by identifying novel targets for T cell therapy. We are leveraging our core discovery technology through both internal discovery efforts in oncology and external partnerships across oncology, infectious disease, and autoimmune disease. We are seeking a Director New Product Planning to support our corporate development and strategy team. This role will work with a small team that has strong visibility and high impact across the organization. Activities will include transaction support, market research, competitive intelligence, and forecasting. A team player who enjoys a fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture will thrive in this role.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Work cross-functionally with the various teams to conduct robust and rigorous market assessments in oncology, autoimmune conditions, and infectious diseases for pre-clinical- and clinical-stage assets.
- Provide commercial input and strategic guidance to inform key business and development decisions.
- Communicate disease area/market insights to internal stakeholders, identifying key considerations and implications.
- Identify gaps in internal understanding of target diseases and create and execute plans to address gaps through primary and/or secondary market research.
- Construct validated market assessments and forecasts for potential label indications for pre-clinical- and clinical-stage assets.
- Develop and propose early commercial strategies, value propositions and a prioritized approach to potential label indications.
- Update and maintain Target Product Profiles (TPPs).
- Develop and maintain early asset dashboards for communications to senior leadership on visions, strategies, opportunities, challenges, risks and tactical activities.
- Develop and maintain strong, internal partnerships with cross-functional colleagues (e.g., commercial, regulatory, CMC, clinical, business development, research etc.).
- Provide commercial input on business development activities.
- Support KOLs and lead competitive intelligence activities.
- At least a B.S./M.S. degree in a life sciences discipline; an MBA preferred, but not required if candidate has comparable experience. Oncology or Immunology experience a plus.
- A minimum of 6-8 years relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry including a minimum of 3-4 years new product planning or equivalent experience.
- Ability to synthesize findings and clearly articulate implications from multiple sources of information, including primary and secondary market research and data, and formulate strong, supportable recommendations.
- Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment, fostering open communication, mutual understanding and cooperation.
- Pragmatic, solution-oriented thinker with excellent organizational and communication skills.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.