LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a Flow Cytometry Technician supporting many exciting pre-clinical and discovery workflows. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience with operating and maintaining a flow cytometry core lab, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Maintain multiple flow cytometry analyzers and sorters
- Manage instrument service history and contracts with vendors
- Prepare instruments for daily use
- Manage the scheduling of instrument use
- Train new users on multiple flow cytometry instruments
- Run QC reports and troubleshoot issues related to flow cytometry and other cell separation instruments
- Provide assistance with flow cytometry experimental design
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years in biotechnology industry or academic instrument core facilities.
- Experience maintaining flow cytometry instruments is required.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry applications for both analysis and sorting is required.
- Experience with flow cytometry immunological applications is preferred.
- Experience with registering and scheduling instrument users is preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to document experiments in a timely fashion and present scientific data.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated quality, proficiency, and attention-to-detail.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate, and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand-new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie, and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.