LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are seeking a driven and experienced finance professional to join our team as the IT & Systems Manager. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in managing the infrastructure of technical operations and security, and enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. TScan is a dynamic, fast growing company, so those with initiative and a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Manage infrastructure of technical operations and network security and evaluate them according to company goals
- Strategically source and design effective and efficient systems, equipment and software to achieve company goals
- Build relationships with external partners and ensure a high level of service and fair contract negotiations
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Regularly inspect the use of technological systems to ensure functionality, efficiency and data integrity and identify upgrade and repairs
- Proactively identify and address potential technology risks
- Lead and own systems security and data protection
- Determine business requirements for IT systems summarizing operational results, including performance against operational targets, with timely communication of opportunities and risks to relevant stakeholders
- Identify and track to technology budget
- Actively partner with departments to ensure user satisfaction, reporting issues and concerns to senior leaders
- Provide ongoing technical support to all levels of employees
- Identify trends in technology
- BA/BS degree and/or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- 8+ years IT experience with experience in Life sciences, GMP experience is preferred
- Self-motivated, strategic and analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to work independently and in self-disciplined, organized manner
- Business consulting and hands on delivery and implementation
- Ambitious work ethic with a team win mentality
- Superior project management and written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate, organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment with shifting priorities
- System implementation experience
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft Office suite, and sourcing tools
- Superior interpersonal skills and values-based decision making
- Ability to provide practical, timely, and risk-appropriate security and systems counsel to a wide variety of individuals, both internal and external, and interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our new offices in Waltham with over 10,000+ square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.