LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Laboratory Manager, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in mammalian cell culture, and molecular biology in a GMP/R&D based environment, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Ensure Lab consumables, solvents, chemicals, are properly stocked, displayed, and stored for researchers
- Oversee the day to day operations of the laboratory ensuring operational efficiency. Act as the main point of contact for vendors and core service providers
- Manage lab equipment in areas of calibration, maintenance, obtaining/updating service contracts as needed and annual certifications of BSCs and fume hoods. Maintain house gas (CO2) and liquid nitrogen supply as well as incubator humidity (Sterile DI)
- Coordinate and execute space planning for lab projects, working with researchers to ensure space is adequate for research needs and processes
- Assist in budgeting, acquisition and installation of capital lab instrumentation
- Act as Lab Safety Coordinator to develop SOPs to train and onboard new lab personnel in proper use and disposal of chemicals and biohazard waste
- Collaborate with EH&S contractor to ensure appropriate Chemical Hygiene & Chemical Waste Plans are adhered to, compliant with State and Federal Regulations and arrange chemical waste pickups as needed
- Manage and lead Biosafety permitting processes and EH&S inspections
- Ensure routine certification of safety showers, eyewash stations, and fire extinguishers (either with in-house test kit or via Safety partners)
- Maintain Chemical inventory and SDS repository (hard copy and electronic) and biological waste logbooks
- Properly trained in DOT waste transport
- Manage solid and liquid waste streams (requesting new WIPs, scheduling pickups, etc.)
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in life science related discipline
- 4 + years of experience as a full-time lab manager either in academia or biopharma industry
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill, able to work with diverse array of personalities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Occasionally required to work on weekends to address equipment failures.
- Ability to pick up and carry moderately heavy lab supplies to different locations
- Project management experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- High attention to detail and excellent problem-solving abilities
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.