LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced manufacturing professional to join our team as Manufacturing Associate I/II/III, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in cGMP Manufacturing cleanroom environment, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Effectively demonstrates understanding of GMPs and how they apply to specific responsibilities.
- Practices safe work habits and adhere to TScan’s safety procedures and guidelines.
- Follows verbal and written procedures in operating production equipment and performing processing steps; accurately completes appropriate production documentation.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of process area.
- Ensures production area is stocked with supplies.
- Performs batch record review, procedure revisions, and work order generation.
- Utilizes manufacturing knowledge to improve process operations and affect positive change.
- Supports in and or leads in Commissioning and Validation activities.
- Assists in the creation and revision of manufacturing documentation by providing input to technical composition of document.
- Maintain equipment operation through responsive troubleshooting, repairs and following operations guidelines.
- Document all production efforts in appropriate logs, forms, reports and databases.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment.
- Enhance organizational reputation by striving to meet and exceed performance expectations.
- Identifies and assists in the corrective actions of processing related issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
- Assists in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Uses ability to complete tasks in a compliant and safe manner.
- Adheres to all cGMPs, compliance/regulatory mandates and quality requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in cleanrooms or manufacturing setting is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Experience in reviewing and creating controlled documents.
- After safety training, must be able to perform required tasks in fully compliant manner.
- Must possess strong documentation and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift and transport (using carts or wheelies) packages weighing up to 5O pounds.
- Extensive walking throughout the facility will be required.
- Must be able to use a company-issued computer and have at least intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs needed to perform job.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate, and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand-new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.