LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan is seeking a T cell Scientist/Senior Scientist to help drive the discovery and development of novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies using our proprietary platform. This candidate will be an integral part of TScan’s Discovery team and will work with an innovative group of scientists to uncover new targets for T cell therapy, discover new TCRs for clinical development, and develop novel approaches to T cell engineering and gene therapy. The ideal candidate will (i) have a strong background in immunology, cell biology, cancer biology, or molecular biology; (ii) be comfortable in a fast-paced and agile environment; and (iii) be a team player who thrives in fostering strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Engage in efforts to discover novel TCRs, develop T cell- dendritic cell coculture assays and evaluate candidate TCRs for potential clinical development.
- Perform T cell activation and tumor cell killing assays using IncuCyte and flow cytometry.
- Proficiency in T cell and dendricitc cell culture in vitro, flow cytometry, live cell imaging (IncuCyte), MSD and ELISA.
- Troubleshoot and innovate around large-scale in vitro immune cell screening processes.
- Isolation of primary human cells from a variety of tissue sources (PBMCs, tumors, leukopaks etc.).
- Provide assistance in establishing and using pre-clinical in vivo disease models.
This position involves direct, hands-on experimental cellular and molecular immunology and will require the applicant to draw on diverse knowledge and experience to design and execute experiments in the laboratory.
- BS/MS with 5+ years or Ph.D. with 0-2 years years of relevant experience in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement (strong publication and/or patent record).
- Proven ability to establish and troubleshoot immune assays and cellular biology assays.
- Experience in T cell immunology, dendritic cell biology, and cancer biology and molecular biology.
- Experience with flow cytometry, tissue culture, ELISAs and IncuCyte.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team environment; demonstration of quality, proficiency, and attention to detail.
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, ability to innovate, and analytical problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Principal Research Associate / Scientist / Senior Scientist – T Cell Immunology