LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a Principal Research Associate/Scientist to develop next generation cellular engineering methods and delivery systems to advance the company’s TCR-engineered T cell therapy products. This role will reside within the Process Sciences Team and will report to the Head of Vector Development and Cell Engineering. Key activities will include the development of non-viral cell engineering methods and gene delivery systems, the generation of IND-enabling data, and technology transfer to the Process and Analytical Development teams.
The ideal candidate will (i) have a range of experience including molecular cloning techniques, mammalian cell culture, and cell analytics such as flow cytometry; (ii) have a can-do spirit, and (iii) be a team player who can foster productive relationships with internal colleagues.
- Responsible for the execution of experiments to develop non-viral vectors, engineer and analyze T cells
- Record experimental data in an electronic lab notebook
- Present data to the Process Sciences team as well as the broader program teams.
- Transfer bench scale processes to the Process Development team
- Provide support to team members as needed
- For Principal Research Associate: BS in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related field with 5-8+ years of related experience, OR MS with 3-5+ years.
- For Associate Scientist: PhD with 0-2+ years of related experience, including postdoctoral experience, OR MS with 5-7+ years OR BS with 8+ years; may
- Hands-on experience with molecular cloning techniques and DNA preparation is a must. Prior experience in mammalian cell culture including primary T cells is required. Prior experience with multicolor flow cytometry is a big plus.
- Knowledge of T cell therapy and biology are plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate clearly in both oral and written formats, collaborate in cross-functional teams.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.