LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a Principal Research Associate/Scientist to develop next generation cellular engineering methods and delivery systems to advance the company’s TCR-engineered T cell therapy products. This newly created role will reside within the Technical Development & Manufacturing Team and will report to the Principal Scientist of Technical Development. Key activities will include the development of non-viral cell engineering methods and gene delivery systems, the generation of IND-enabling data, and technology transfer to the Process and Analytical Development teams.
The ideal candidate will (i) be detail-oriented; (i) have a range of experience including molecular cloning techniques, cellular engineering methods, and cell analytics such as flow cytometry; (ii) be a steadfast problem solver who will thrive in a fast-paced, lean and agile environment; and (iii) be a team player who can foster productive relationships with internal colleagues.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Responsible for the execution of experiments to develop non-viral vectors, engineer and analyze T cells
- Record experimental data in an electronic lab notebook
- Present data to the Technical Development team as well as the broader program teams
- Transfer bench scale processes to the cellular process development team
- Act as a subject matter expert in interactions with external vendors
- Provide support to team members as needed
- BS or MS in cell biology, molecular biology or related field with 5+ (for BS) or 3+ (for MS) years of relevant industry experience to be considered as a senior RA
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques including (quantitative) PCR, DNA cloning, and plasmid DNA preparation; prior experiences with primary cell culture and multicolor flow cytometry are plus
- Knowledge of T cell biology and/or gene therapy/editing are plus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) are critical
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.