LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher to join our team as a Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house, with focus on Next Generation Sequencing. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in molecular biology, Next Generation Sequencing library preparation, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Extract genomic DNA and RNA from cultured cancer cells, T cells or tumor tissues.
- Perform PCR for Amplicon-seq library preparation on large scale.
- Perform single cell DNA sequencing using the 10X Genomics platform.
- Perform NGS sequencing using the Illumina platform.
- Analyze data, communicate results with co-workers, and present work regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years or Master’s degree with 1+ years relevant lab experience, preferably in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, DNA purification and quantification methods. Hands-on experience with NGS library preparation preferred. Experience with cell culture and immunology a plus.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to document experiments in an organized and timely fashion and to present scientific data to coworkers.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated quality, proficiency, and attention to detail.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.