LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher to join our team as a Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house, with focus on molecular cloning. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in molecular biology, microbiology, high-throughput cloning, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Clone large size libraries of ORFeome, Peptidome, TCRs etc.
- Clone various types of gene-of-interest for research teams.
- Work closely with scientist in research team for designing and building all sorts of vectors.
- Innovate novel high-throughput cloning techniques to support the need of increasing amount of construct request.
- Maintain frozen stocks and registry of all libraries and constructs in house.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years or Master’s degree with 1+ years relevant lab experience, preferably in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Strong experience with molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, DNA purification and various types of cloning methods including Gateway recombination, Golden Gate Assembly, Gibson Assembly etc.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to document experiments in an organized and timely fashion and to present scientific data to coworkers.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated quality, proficiency, and attention to detail.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Research Associate (RA02-3)