LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in Cellular Analytical Development to join efforts in developing test methods for the company’s novel TCR-engineered T cell therapy products. This newly created role will reside within the Process Sciences department and will report to the Associate Director of Cellular Analytical Development. Key activities will include the development and execution of analytical methods to support cellular process development and the tech transfer of in-process, release, and stability-indicating assay methods to QC, amongst others.
The ideal candidate will have essential knowledge in analytical method development and testing for cell and gene therapies including cell culture, immunoassay, nucleic acid analysis, etc. Experiences with multi-color flow cytometry, SOP documentation and statistical analysis are highly preferred. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, capable of thriving in a fast-paced and agile environment, a team player with the ability to foster productive relationships with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Participate in the development, optimization, and qualification of analytical methods for TCR-engineered T cell processes and products.
- Work closely with Process Development team, perform timely in-process sample testing, generate reports to provide information for optimization.
- Contribute in tech transfer of optimized / qualified methods to QC and assist quality in developing testing strategies and validation efforts.
- Authorize and review of technical documentation including SOPs, method development reports and meeting presentations.
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook and present findings to the team, department, and company, as appropriate.
- Research Associate: BS with 0-3+ years of relevant experience.
- Senior Research Associate: BS with 3-5+ years of relevant experience, or MS with 0-2 years of experience.
- Degree emphasis in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field is preferred.
- Experiences in mammalian cell culture, ddPCR or real-time PCR, and ELISA are required; prior experiences with flow-cytometry and cell-based potency assays are plus for consideration.
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, ability to innovate, and analytical problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) are critical.
- Experience drafting SOPs and testing documentation as well as supporting documentation for regulatory filings is strongly desired.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.