LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Senior Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in molecular, cellular biology and immunoassays, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. Hands-on experience in cell culture (transformed and primary cells), transfection, lentivirus transduction, and gene editing will be preferred. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists and venture capitalist entrepreneurs, led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI) and Dr. Christoph Westphal (founding partner, Longwood Fund). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Perform in vitro high-throughput screens for antigen/TCR target identification.
- Cell line engineering and maintenance.
- Virus packaging, tittering and transduction.
- PBMC and primary T cell isolation from blood products such as leukopak.
- Flow cytometry and cell phenotyping and functional assays.
- Perform preliminary data analysis of experimental results and present work regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years or Master’s degree and 2+ years relevant experience, preferably in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience culturing primary cell lines (adherent and suspension cell lines), engineered cell lines, and executing viral transductions.
- Experience with FACS or cell enrichment/selection is preferred.
- Experience in high-throughput genetic screening is preferred.
- Experience in TIL isolation, characterization and killing assay is preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to document experiments in a timely fashion and present scientific data.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated quality, proficiency, and attention-to-detail.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Research Associate /Senior Research Associate, Discovery