LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in primary T cell culture, immunoassays, flow cytometry, and molecular biology, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Primary human immune cell isolation and engineering
- Perform T cell assays including T cell activation and cell killing assays
- Design, execute, and analyze multi-color flow cytometry assays
- Perform and help analyze in vitro screens for target identification
- Analyze data and communicate results regularly
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or related discipline
- 1-2 years of relevant laboratory experience, preferable in biotechnology industry
- Experience culturing primary human immune cells and engineered cell lines required
- Experience with multi-colored flow cytometry and cell sorting is strongly preferred
- Experience with human T cell characterization and functional assays is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with strong analytical skills to interpret data and communicate results
- Ability to work efficiently independently and in a team environment
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.