LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, supporting the pre-clinical development of our lead programs. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in primary T cell culture, immunoassays, flow cytometry, and molecular biology, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Engage in efforts to advance the preclinical development of lead TCR candidates and propose innovative ideas
- Isolation of PBMCs and primary T cells from blood products such as leukopaks
- Engineer of T cells with viral transduction
- Design, execution and interpretation of analytical assays with TCR-engineered T cell products (e.g., flow cytometry, cytokine secretion, T cells proliferation)
- Establish and culture primary tumor cell lines
- Keep detailed electronic record of experimentations
- BS with 2-5 years of industry experience or MS with 1-3 years of experience in biology, immunology, pharmacology, biochemistry, or related field
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Experience with immunology and T cell biology preferred
- Proficiency in tissue culture, flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assay, Elisa
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new techniques and work in a fast-paced environment
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.