LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher to join our team as a Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house, with focus on molecular cloning. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in molecular biology, microbiology, high-throughput cloning, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
- Clone various types of genes of interest for research teams
- Clone large libraries (ORFeomes, Peptidomes, TCRs, etc.)
- Work closely with scientists in research team to build plasmid vectors
- Maintain frozen stocks and registry of all libraries and constructs in house
- Consistently document experiments in an organized and timely fashion
- Maintain cleanliness/organization of and restock materials for the team’s research space
- RA: Bachelor’s degree with 0-3+ years of relevant lab experience, preferably in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- SRA: Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years OR Master’s degree and 0-2+ years of relevant lab experience, preferably in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Strong experience with molecular biology techniques, such as DNA extraction/purification, PCR, gel electrophoresis, and various cloning methods including Gateway recombination, Golden Gate Assembly, Gibson Assembly, etc.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment and independently after gaining experience
- Ability to execute experiments deliberately and carefully
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills
- Flexibility and adaptability when changes occur in work priorities
- Sense of humor will be appreciated
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.