LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Research Associate/Senior Research Associate/Principal Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in cancer cell line culture, primary T cell culture, immunoassays, flow cytometry, and molecular biology, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Maintain cell lines for use in a variety of applications.
- Design and perform cancer cell/ T cell co-culture assays including target killing and cytokine measurement.
- Engineer cell lines using viral transduction and CRISPR-Cas9.
- Aid with the culturing of human primary T cells.
- Maintain and prepare reagents for various experiments.
- For RA level: BS in Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Genetics, or related discipline, and 0-3+ years of related experience, preferably in a biotechnology industry setting.
- For SRA level: BS and 3-5+ years OR MS and 0-2+ years of related experience, preferably in a biotechnology industry setting.
- Strong experience culturing mammalian cell lines (mainly adherent) is required.
- Experience handling human T cells is a bonus.
- Experience with FACS and CRISPR-Cas9 is a bonus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with strong analytical skills to interpret data and communicate results.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team environment.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.