LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Scientist, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. This role will reside in the Molecular Biology, Genomic, Informatics and Cell Biology Team. Key activities will include cloning of various types of large size libraries, building mammalian expression vectors and developing novel, high-throughput cloning techniques. The ideal candidate should have strong relevant experience in molecular and cell biology, genetics, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Clone large size libraries of ORFeome, Peptidome, TCRs etc.
- Clone various types of gene-of-interest for research teams.
- Work closely with other scientist in team for designing and building all sorts of vectors.
- Innovate novel high-throughput cloning techniques to support the need of increasing amount of construct request.
- Maintain frozen stocks and registry of all libraries and constructs in house.
- Train co-workers on molecular cloning techniques.
- Ph.D. in Molecular and Cell Biology, Immunology or a relevant and closely-related field.
- 2+ years of postdoc experience, or 2+ years of relevant experience in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Be well versed in all sorts of molecular cloning techniques including Gateway recombination, Golden Gate Assembly, Gibson Assembly, SLIC etc. Experience with cloning of large scale libraries and high-throughput cloning a big plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, virus transduction and DNA transfection.
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, ability to innovate, and analytical problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION