LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as a Scientist, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in primary T cell culture, immunoassays, flow cytometry, and molecular biology, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Engage and innovate on large-scale in vitro immune cell screening efforts to discover novel TCRs to fuel our therapeutic pipeline.
- Isolate PBMCs, primary T cells, and monocytes from blood products such as leukopaks, differentiate monocytes to DCs, and perform T cell-DC co culture assays.
- Evaluate and nominate candidate TCRs discovered from our screens for preclinical development. Candidate to perform in vitro immune assays such as tumor cell killing, cytokine production and T cell proliferation.
- Evaluate novel targets to be pursued in TCR discovery pipeline, and assist in platform development for discovery of TCRs specific for multiple targets.
- Candidate to analyze data and present and group and company meetings.
- Ph.D. with 0-2 years of relevant post-doc, biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience, or MS/BS with 7-10 years relevant experience. Demonstrated record of scientific achievement (strong publication and/or patent record).
- Extensive experience in T cell immunology required; understanding of dendritic cell biology, cancer biology and molecular biology a plus.
- Expertise in tissue culture, flow cytometry, and cell engineering required. Proficiency in immunological techniques such as ELISA and cytotoxicity assays using Incucyte desired.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to work in a matrix environment.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.