LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan is seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist to help drive the discovery and development of novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies using our proprietary platform. This candidate will be an integral part of TScan’s Discovery team and will work with an innovative group of scientists to uncover new targets for T cell therapy, discover new TCRs for clinical development, and develop novel approaches to T cell engineering and gene therapy. The ideal candidate will (i) have a strong background in immunology or cancer biology; (ii) be comfortable in a fast-paced and agile environment; and (iii) be a team player who thrives in fostering strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Use proprietary, flow cytometry-based high-throughput screens to discover novel TCRs, identify novel targets, and evaluate candidate TCRs for potential clinical development.
- Troubleshoot and innovate around large-scale in vitro screening processes.
- Contribute to the verification, deconvolution and follow-up studies of novel TCRs and antigens.
- Help analyze data arising from large-scale screens.
- Use strong reasoning and analytical skills to design experiments, interpret data, and communicate results.
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, or related discipline.
- Scientist: 0-2 years of industry experience. Senior Scientist: 2+ years of relevant Industry experience.
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement (strong publication and/or patent record).
- Experience isolating PMBCs and T cells; experience with flow cytometry and FACS required.
- Extensive experience with in-vitro cell culture and functional assays of primary T cells.
- Knowledge of T cell signaling and differentiation a plus.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting CRISPR- or shRNA-based genetic screens preferred.
- Experience purifying and characterizing TILs from tumor sample a plus.
- Knowledge of single cell and bulk TCR sequencing and NGS library prep a plus.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Scientist/Senior Scientist (SC04-1)