LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Senior Scientist, supporting development of our novel T cell therapies and contributing to our IND applications. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in T cell immunology, primary and tumor cell culture, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Engage in efforts to advance the preclinical development of our lead TCR candidates and participate to IND-enabling activities
- Use strong reasoning and analytical skills to design, execute, interpret and report results of analytical assays with TCR-engineered T cell products (e.g., flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assay, cytokine secretion, T cells proliferation)
- Participate in writing of report for IND submission
- Engineer cancer cell lines to express or knock out target antigen and maintain them.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, analyze and compile data, and present in group and company meetings.
- Manage a junior direct report in the future
- Ph.D. in immunology with 0-2 years of relevant post-doc, biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience or MS/BS (7-10 years of relevant experience for scientist level; 10+ years for Senior Scientist level) with strong background in T cells required.
- Experience and understanding of basic T cell biology and effector functions is required.
- Experience with developing and executing T cell functional assays is required.
- Strong publication record required and oral/poster presentation at conferences desired.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.