LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Scientist/Senior Scientist, supporting development of our novel T cell therapies and contributing to our IND applications. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in T cell immunology, primary and tumor cell culture, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Evaluate the impact of various T cell modifications and culture supplements on the biology of T cells with the goal of making an efficacious T cell therapy.
- Perform extensive literature search identify T cell modifications and culture supplements and their mechanism of action.
- Engineer T cells to express TCRs and modifications of interest and analyze impact on T cell function, differentiation, and exhaustion.
- Lead development of relevant T cell functional assays (cytotoxicity, cytokine production, proliferation and exhaustion).
- Engineer cancer cell lines to express or knock out target antigen and maintain them.
- Isolate human PBMCs from Leukopaks.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, analyze and compile data, and present in group and company meetings.
- Ph.D. in immunology with 3 years of relevant post-doc, biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience.
- Experience and understanding of T cell biology and effector functions is required.
- Experience with developing and executing T cell functional assays is required.
- Strong publication record required and oral/poster presentation at conferences desired.
- Proficiency in tissue culture, immune cell isolation and engineering, and flow cytometry required. Experience with ELISA and cytotoxicity assays using IncuCyte desired.
- Experience supervising and training students and research associates preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), ability to work in a matrix environment and experience presenting in team meetings.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new concepts, new techniques, participate in Journal club and work in a fast-paced environment.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.