LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our Translational team as Scientist/Senior Scientist, supporting development of our novel T cell therapies, companion diagnostics, contributing to our IND applications and studies from clinical trials. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in T cell immunology, biomarker development, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
- Design and execute translational studies to support both preclinical and clinical programs
- Contribute to development of companion diagnostics for patient selection for clinical trials and analyze patient samples after clinical trials
- Perform IND-enabling activities to advance our lead TCR candidates towards clinical development
- Utilization of translational based approaches to develop new concepts and mechanisms of action hypotheses
- Use strong reasoning and analytical skills to design, execute, interpret, and report results of analytical assays with TCR-engineered T cell products (e.g., flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assay, cytokine secretion, T cells proliferation)
- Participate in writing IND study reports and IND related documentation
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, analyze and compile data, and present in group and company meetings
- Manage a junior direct report in the future
- Ph.D. in Immunology with 2+ years of relevant post-doc, biopharmaceutical, or biotechnology industry experience with strong background in T cells required
- Experience and understanding of basic T cell biology and effector functions is required
- Proficiency in standard immunological assays such as flow cytometry, ELISA/MSD/Luminex, etc. is required
- Knowledge of biomarker discovery and development: assay development/validation, clinical discovery of biomarkers, MoA research, and multiple assay platforms.
- Experience in liquid tumors preferred
- Experience in clinical sample management and CROs is a plus
- Strong publication record required and oral/poster presentation at conferences desired
- Experience supervising and training students and research associates preferred
- Independent thinker with excellent communication skills (both written and oral), ability to work in a matrix environment and experience presenting in team meetings
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new concepts, new techniques, participate in Journal club and work in a fast-paced environment
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today