LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist to develop next generation cellular engineering methods and delivery systems to advance the company’s TCR-engineered T cell therapy products. This newly created role will reside within the Process Sciences Team and will report to the Head of Vector Development and Cell Engineering. Key activities will include the development of non-viral cell engineering methods and gene delivery systems, the generation of IND-enabling data, and technology transfer to the Process and Analytical Development teams.
The ideal candidate will (i) have passion in T cell therapy; (i) have a range of experience including molecular biology, cellular engineering, and cell analytics such as flow cytometry; (iii) be a steadfast problem solver who will thrive in a fast-paced, lean and agile environment; and (iv) be a team player who can foster productive relationships with internal colleagues.
- This is a bench-focused position. Responsible for the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments to develop novel non-viral vectors for TCR-T cell therapy. Document experimental data in ELN in a timely manner.
- Present data to the Process Sciences team as well as the broader program teams.
- Contribute as an SME of immunology within the Vector Development team.
- Demonstrate spirit of continuous learning and curiosity, as well as commitment to scientific rigor and collaboration.
- Develop new scientific and technical skills to support vector development.
- Develop project management skills to support multiple projects with constantly changing priorities.
- Provide support to junior team members. Opportunity to develop people management skills with direct report.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell & Molecular Biology, or a related field with 0-2+ years post-degree experience. Industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated in-depth expertise in cell biology / immunology assay development including isolation and culture of primary T cells, electroporation, immunostaining, ELISA, and other techniques testing T cell viability and functions. Hands-on experience in multicolor flow cytometry is a must.
- Understanding in molecular biology and non-viral vector is required. Expertise in vector design, molecular cloning, DNA preparation, qPCR, ddPCR is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of T cell therapy and biology are plus.
- Demonstrated passion in science and technology development, agility in rapidly evolving field.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate clearly in both oral and written formats, collaborate in cross-functional teams.
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.