LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Scientist, Viral Vector & Discovery Platform, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in lentivirus and retrovirus-based cell transduction and engineering, CRISPR-based gene editing, basic molecular biology skills, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
- Execute large and small scale, high titer lentivirus packaging/ purification tasks to support the company’s high-throughput discovery projects and target/TCR validation
- Execute RNA and protein-based QC experiments to monitor and ensure the quality of lentivirus generated in house
- Organize and keep track of DNA vector usage for research use
- Support DNA cloning and propagation efforts when necessary
- PhD degree in Cell and Molecular biology, Genetics, or related field with 0-2 years of experience, or MS degree with 7+ years of experience, or BS degree with 10+ years of experience
- Experience with lentivirus- and retrovirus-based cell transduction and engineering; experience with AAV-based cell transduction is preferred
- Knowledge in human and mouse tumor organoid culture is strongly preferred
- Experience with various CRISPR-based gene editing techniques
- Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology skills, cloning, Western blot, ELISA, qPCR, luciferase assays, basic flow-cytometry
- Strong organizational and communication skills; must be able to multi-task
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Additional preferred skills include experience with transposon-based genome engineering, primary T cell culture and editing, advanced primary human cancer and normal cell culture model (organoid, spheroid) experience, and familiarity with high-throughput genetic screening and novel assay development
TScan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.