LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Senior Research Associate/Principal Research Associate, supporting our TCR/target pair identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in primary T cell culture, T cell functional assays, and assay development and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
- Engineer and maintain human cell lines and primary cells
- Design and execute T cell functional assays (cytotoxicity, cytokine production)
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate candidate TCR/target pairs for development
- Assist with in vitro screens for target identification
- Analyze data and communicate results regularly
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or related discipline
- For Sr. RA: BS & 3-5+ OR MS & 0-2+ years of relevant laboratory experience, preferably in biotechnology industry
- For Pr. RA: BS & 5-8+ OR MS & 3-5+ years of relevant laboratory experience, preferably in biotechnology industry
- Experience with culturing primary human immune cells and cell lines is required
- Experience with T cell functional assays (ELISA, cytotoxicity) is strongly preferred
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas9, FACS, and screening is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with strong analytical skills to interpret data and communicate results
- Willingness to learn new techniques, new concepts, and work in a fast-paced environment
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate, and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand-new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space are an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie, and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible, and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.