LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Senior Research Associate/Principal Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in primary cancer cell culture and molecular biology, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Engage in efforts to discover novel TCR antigens using the TScan platform.
- Establish and culture primary tumor cell lines.
- Engineer cell lines with viral transduction or CRISPR/Cas9
- Design and execute flow cytometry panels for FACS sorting.
- Provide assistance with T cell co-cultures and killing assays.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years or Master’s degree and 3+ years relevant experience, preferably in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience culturing cell lines (adherent and suspension cell lines), engineering cell lines, and executing viral transductions is required.
- Experience with establishing primary tumor cell lines or organoid culture is strongly preferred.
- Experience with FACS or cell enrichment/selection is preferred.
- Experience with CRISPR based genome engineering is a bonus.
- Experience culturing human T cells is a bonus.
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to document experiments in a timely fashion and present scientific data.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team environment; demonstration of quality, proficiency, and attention to detail.
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, ability to innovate, and analytical problem solving.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Senior/ Principal Research Associate