LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Senior/Principal Scientist, supporting the preclinical development of our lead therapeutic TCRs. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in leading in vivo pharmacology, mechanism of action and efficacy studies, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Lead in vivo pharmacology efforts and engage in IND-enabling activities.
- Design and execute (and/or manage execution via external partner) in vivo preclinical research focused on anti-tumor efficacy and MOA studies for our lead TCR candidates.
- Perform standard and complex in vivo procedures, such as tumor implantation and measurements (solid or liquid tumor models), multi route dosing, blood sampling, tissue necropsy.
- Perform standard in vitro and ex vivo work such as cell culture, tumor analysis, flow cytometry, cytokine measurements.
- Manage and lead a direct report.
- Work in a team environment, maintain experimental records, analyze data, and prepare study reports.
- Candidate must be familiar with IACUC protocols and guidelines.
- PhD in Oncology/Immuno-oncology with 5+ years’ experience (8+ for Principal). MS/BS with background in Oncology/Immuno-oncology with 12+/15+ years’ experience.
- Expertise in in vivo immunology, cancer biology, pharmacology, or related discipline demonstrated by record of relevant scientific achievements.
- Expertise in early clinical development, including model development, PK/PD and efficacy studies, dose and schedule optimization, blood collection, and in vivo combination studies required.
- Proficiency with flow cytometry and cell culture required.
- Previous experience with CRO management preferred.
- Experience isolating PMBCs and T cells, along with experience with functional assays involving primary immune cells (e.g., ELISA, cytotoxicity assays) would be a plus.
- Independent thinker with excellent communication skills.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.