LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as a Senior Research Associate or Principal Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in primary T cell culture, immunoassays, cell engineering, flow cytometry, and high throughput screening, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Isolation of PBMCs and T cells from a variety of tissue sources.
- Engineer and culture primary human T cells and various cell lines
- Carry out high-throughput functional T cell studies such as cytokine secretion assay, CFSE assay, CTL killing assay.
- Execute high-throughput screening platforms.
- Participate in the development of novel high-throughput screening platforms.
- Perform preliminary data analysis and present work regularly.
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years or Masters degree and 3+ years experience in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience culturing primary human T cells is required, and knowledge of TCR or CART therapy strongly preferred.
- Experience developing cell-based immunoassays is required with a preference for immuno-oncology.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry for both analysis and sorting is preferred.
- Experience with high-throughput screens is preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to document experiments in a timely fashion and present scientific data.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated quality, proficiency, and attention-to-detail.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Senior Research Associate/ Principal Research Associate (RA04-2)