LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Senior/Principal Research Associate, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in T cell immunology, cancer cell culture and molecular biology, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a willingness to learn will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Engage and innovate on large-scale in vitro immune cell screening efforts to discover novel TCRs and peptide antigen targets.
- Engineer cancer cell lines and primary T cells with lentiviruses.
- Perform immune cell assays such as tumor cell killing and T cell proliferation.
- Assist in assay development and testing of modifications to screening platform.
- Isolate PBMC and primary T cells and monocytes from blood products such as leukopaks.
- Candidate to analyze data and present at group and company meetings.
- B.S./ M.S. with 3-5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience.
- Extensive experience in T cell immunology required, understanding of cancer biology and molecular biology a plus.
- Proficiency in tissue culture, cell engineering, and flow cytometry is essential, experience with ELISA and cytotoxicity assays using Incucyte desired.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to work in a matrix environment. Experience presenting in team meetings a plus.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new techniques and work in a fast-paced environment
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate, and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand-new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.