LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Scientist/Sr Scientist, supporting our novel target identification and validation workflow in house. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in immunology, molecular biology, or high-throughput screening, and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
- Engage in efforts to discover novel TCRs, develop T cell-based assays and evaluate candidate TCRs for potential clinical development.
- Implement and innovate workflows pertaining to high-throughput screening and validation.
- Perform T cell assays pertaining to cell activation and tumor cell killing (cell culture of cancer lines and T cells, flow cytometry).
- Help analyze data arising from large-scale screens.
- This position involves direct, hands-on experimental cellular and molecular biology and will require the applicant to draw on diverse knowledge and experience to design and execute experiments in the laboratory.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology or closely related field.
- 2+ years of postdoctoral experience, and/or 2+ years of relevant experience in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry (preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement (strong publication and/or patent record).
- Proven ability to establish and troubleshoot molecular biology and cellular biology assays.
- Experience in cancer biology and molecular biology preferred.
- Deep understanding of conventional molecular and cell biology techniques and cell-based assays.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team environment; demonstration of quality, proficiency, and attention to detail.
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, ability to innovate, and analytical problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with over 10,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Senior Scientist (SC01-1)