LOCATION: Waltham, MA
TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T cells and epitopes. We are looking for an experienced researcher to join our team as Senior/Principal Research Associate, supporting pre-clinical development of our lead programs. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in T cell immunology, primary and tumor cell culture, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry, and enjoy exciting, collaborative and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
- Engineer T cells to express TCRs of interest using lentiviruses or non-viral methods and TCR expression analysis by flow cytometry.
- Design, execute, and interpret immune cell assays such as tumor cell killing, cytokine production and T cell proliferation.
- Isolate primary immune cells from blood products such as leukopaks.
- Engineer cancer cell lines to express or knock out target antigen. Routine cell line maintenance and inventory maintenance.
- Contribute to IND-enabling studies and IND reports.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, and present in group and company meetings.
- For SRA: BS and 3-5+ years of related experience OR MS and 0-2+ years
- For PRA: BS and 5-8+ years of related experience OR MS and 3-5+ years
- Proficiency in tissue culture and multi-color flow cytometry is preferred, experience with ELISA and cytotoxicity assays using IncuCyte desired.
- Experience in T cell immunology, understanding of cancer biology and molecular biology a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), ability to work in a matrix environment. Experience presenting in team meetings a plus.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new concepts, new techniques, participate in Journal club and work in a fast-paced environment.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors. This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease. TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes TScan a great place to work. Our brand new offices with approximately 40,000 square feet of premium lab and office space is an environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.